The health and safety of our customers is our primary focus. At Macquarie Centre, we are working hard to ensure the centre remains clean and safe for all visitors and staff. Our cleaning team is on high rotation as it has been since the start of the pandemic and hand sanitiser remains available at key locations throughout the centre as well as signage to remind customers to wear masks and physically distance.
Update Friday 17 July
In line with the NSW Government’s latest announcement, from 11.59pm on Saturday, 17 July a number of our retail premises will be required to close, ‘click and collect’, takeaway and home delivery can still operate.
Our shopping centre will remain open for those essential retailers allowed to remain open.
The following retail outlets will remain open
- Supermarkets and grocery stores (including butchers, bakeries, fruit and vegetable stores, liquor stores and fishmongers);
- Stores that predominantly sell health, medical, maternity and infant supplies;
- Pharmacies and chemists;
- Banks and financial institutions;
- Hardware, nurseries and building supplies;
- Pet supplies;
- Post offices and newsagents; and
- Office supplies.
View the full list of retailers that remain open at Macquarie Centre here.
A reminder that you must always wear your mask*, check in/out of the centre and individual retailers via the Service NSW app, maintain physical distancing and use the available hand sanitiser throughout the centre.
We encourage you to monitor and follow NSW Government advice. To ensure you receive the latest information, alerts and answers to frequently asked questions please visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/
*Macquarie Centre observes the health advice for people with exemptions.
Update Friday 9 July 2021
The NSW Government have announced further restrictions to the current stay-at-home order from 5pm, Friday 9 July. This means that browsing in any of our stores is prohibited and only one person per household, per day may leave the house for essential shopping.
The four reasons to leave your home remain in place which include:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services (one person only);
- Medical care or compassionate needs;
- Exercise with no more than 2 (unless members of the same household)
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
Whilst Macquarie Centre remains open for all your essential goods and services, we would like to remind all customers and staff to follow the advice from the NSW Government. This includes wearing your mask, being mindful of physical distancing and checking in/out of the centre and individual retailers via the Service NSW app.
For the latest health information, alerts and answers to frequently asked questions please visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/
How we are helping to stop the spread of COVID-19
In line with NSW Government advice you will notice the below measures in place when you visit our centre:
- QR codes at every entrance for customers and staff to sign in/out via the Service NSW app
- Health and hygiene reminders throughout the centre
- Hand sanitiser at every entrance and throughout the centre
- Additional cleaning of all customer touch points
- Signage to remind customers about wearing masks, physical distancing and capacity limitations where relevant
We all have a role to play in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19. When visiting Macquarie Centre, we ask that you follow advice from the NSW Government and be mindful of these few simple requests:
How you can help us
- Check in/out of the centre and individual retailers via the Service NSW app
- Wear your mask at all times
- Practice physical distancing by keeping a safe 1.5m distance between you and others
- Wash your hands frequently and use the available hand sanitizer within the centre
- Always sneeze or cough into your elbow
- Stay at home if you feel unwell
For the latest health information please visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/