by Adriana Donnola, expert beauty stylist
Demand for stripped-back, clean beauty products - sans potential irritants - is at an all-time high. Not only will your skin thank you for purchasing one of these results-driven, environmentally-friendly buys but the planet will too.
Three reasons to make the switch:
1. Skin is our largest organ, and a good percentage of what we put on it gets absorbed by our body
2. We eat more lipstick than we care to think about (possibly up to 3kg every 10 years, yikes!)
3. Buying clean and green will reduce your (beauty) carbon footprint. You have consumer power so choose wisely.
Check out Adriana's top 10 clean beauty all-stars below:
1. RMS Beauty Champagne Rosé Luminizer, $61, Mecca Maxima. A luminizer has become more important than blush right now as it’s an instant glow-getter for any age. Position it where you would normally apply blush and then also on the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye (with a tiny brush) on days when you need a bit more brightening power. This one adds a really beautiful, dewy radiance to skin.
2. KORA Organics by Miranda Kerr Noni Glow Sleeping Mask, $62, David Jones, Sephora. When I interviewed Miranda last year she named this mask as one of her favourite products and I would agree. Miranda’s grandmother introduced her to the key ingredient she uses in her signature skincare range - the Noni fruit extract. It’s high in skin-repairing and brightening vitamin C and vitamin A, and I always notice a difference in my skin the morning after I use this mask.
3. ESSANO Rosehip Gentle Facial Exfoliator, $14.99, Priceline Pharmacy. Soft on your skin yet it works so efficiently. I use it morning and night in the shower to sloth off dead skin cells so my face looks brighter and smoother. Regular exfoliation is the key to glowing skin - the older you are, the more you should step it up!
4. Lanolips Ointment 101, $18.95, Mecca Maxima. I’ve been a fan of this multipurpose wonder balm - actually the entire beauty brand’s hydrating range - since it first arrived on the market in 2009. Created by an uber-stylish Sydney mum, all the products are worthy of your time and money but this is the original and best. Use it on cuticles, lips and anywhere chronically dry and in need of extra love. I love using it on my eyebrows to make them appear fuller and to tame hair frizz, too.
5. Weleda Skin Food Light, $24.95, David Jones, Priceline Pharmacy. I’m a huge fan of Weleda’s original dark green tube for my dry skin - I use it as an overnight mask once a week - but this new, lighter version will suit our warmer months ahead. It’s loved worldwide for its instant skin-nourishing ability and oh so comforting scent.
6. Endota Spa Organics Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Instant Tanner, $45, Endota Spa. I use this weekly as I love a mood-boosting, sun-kissed glow all year round. I think it's the addition of shea butter that makes it a real standout, as the added hydration means there's less room for tell-tale signs of a blunder. If you are new to faux tanning, make sure you exfoliate first and always apply a bit of moisturiser to knees, elbows and around your feet first.
7. Jurlique Refreshing Citrus Shower Gel, $36, Jurlique. This is like a shot of caffeine in my morning shower. The perky and uplifting scent (what we all need right now) is thanks to a beautiful combo of lemon, mandarin and tangerine.
8. Karen Murrell Lipstick, $29.95, Priceline Pharmacy. Going natural doesn’t mean you compromise on quality with this range of highly-pigmented lipsticks. They are super-conditioning and offer so many wearable, skin-beautifying hues - from bright pops of happy colour to flattering, stylish nudes.
9. Natio Plant Peptide Firm & Smooth Eye Cream, $21.95, David Jones. This new eye cream combines ingredients of caffeine and cucumber plus hydrating shea butter to smooth-out wrinkles. It feels instantly soothing thanks to a luxe, de-puffing paddle applicator.
10. Votary Super Seed Cleansing Oil - chia and parsley seed, $120, Sephora. This UK makeup artist designed range is particularly good for hormonal and sensitive skin. I use this cult buy for a nourishing, gentle cleanse when my skin is feeling tight and vulnerable. Use it with the cotton face towel which is included in the purchase price. Make sure you use warm - not hot - water.
Offer: A 10% exclusive additional discount if your mention this Macquarie Centre article.
⭐ EXCLUSIVE ARTICLE OFFERS ⭐
Terms and Conditions:
Offer: 15% across all skincare products if your mention this Macquarie Centre article.
- Offer valid until 10 September
- Customers must also sign up to SisterClub if not already a member
- Discount will be exclusive to the featured Priceline Pharmacy products listed within this article, in addition to any sale price at the time
Terms and Conditions:
- Offer only valid from 27 August - 2 September
Adriana Donnola has been writing about all things lifestyle for over 25 years on magazines including New Idea, Who, InStyle, TV Week and New Weekly. She has interviewed the world’s top celebrity makeup artists, skincare specialists and hairstylists loves to help women become a more beautiful version of themselves. For more information, please click here to visit her website 'Shop With A Beauty Editor'.