The new Macquarie Centre will provide one of the finest retail and leisure destinations tailored to residents and the expanding Macquarie University and Macquarie Business Park. The development will completely change the centre from a mid-market enclosed shopping centre to an innovative shopping destination by 2014, showcasing established local and international brands, aspirational fashion retailers, unique leisure and lifestyle retailers and the best fresh food offering in the area.
Macquarie Centre announced the start of the planned $390 million world class redevelopment in October 2012. Our plan is to develop Macquarie Centre into one of the finest retail and leisure destinations for the community it serves. Upon completion of this exciting development, Macquarie Centre will be the second largest shopping centre in Sydney.
The redevelopment plan includes the introduction of:
- A full line David Jones
- A new 2 level mall linking the new David Jones with the existing centre and Myer
- A new Fresh Food Market including Coles
- Approximately 130 new specialty stores
- A further 1,050 car spaces
- On completion, the extension will place Macquarie Centre as one of the top ten centres by size in Australia.
If you have any questions around the Macquarie Centre Development, click here to contact us.